What We Do
The Liberty LionBackers provide so much for our athletes to play competitively and have the best high school sports experience possible. Since our Athletic Director (AD) does not receive a budget from the county, he relies on the revenue from gate fees. The money the LionBackers bring in helps offset the AD’s budget.
The funds come from membership fees, snack bar income, banner sponsorship revenue, events like our bingo and our online spirit wear store.
If you would like to make a donation, it is not only greatly appreciated, but it is essential for the continued success of all of our sports and all of our student-athletes. We are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization therefore, all donations are tax-deductible to the extent the IRS allows.
Listed below are some of the items the LionBackers have funded and continue to fund:
- The current score board located in the stadium along with the scoreboards for softball, baseball, and field hockey
- Sod or dirt for softball and baseball fields (every other year)
- Sod for part of or the full stadium field (every other year)
- When needed, help offset the cost of uniforms
- When requested, offset the cost of some equipment, such as the volleyball nets, goal posts and balls
- The LionBackers annual scholarship program
- A new trophy case located in the hallway by the Main Gym!!
The LionBackers maintain a website with important information about Liberty’s athletic programs (www.libertyathletics.com) and a Facebook page; operate both indoor and outdoor snack bars; sponsor a year-round online spirit wear store; promote and maintain the Forever Wall; and sell advertising to local businesses through its banner sponsorship program.
All of this is to benefit Liberty athletes (your children!) and Liberty’s athletic programs. We can’t tackle all of these things without your help! Become a member today or better yet, become a member and become involved. There are a number of volunteer needs and we would be happy to find one that fits your time limitations and schedule.